Document Controller II
Job post no longer accepts applications
Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Document Control to work on a long-term assignment in Houston, TX.
- The Document Controller will act as main interface between the client and company for any document control issues.
- Ensure that all project documentation is accurately logged, managed and issued via the Electronic Document Management System.
- It is imperative that each project has an accurate database containing each revision of all documents/drawings issued on a project and capturing all necessary meta-data for each record including every document that is issued to each Company throughout the life of the project.
- Responsible for performing difficult and complex work assignments involving independent judgment to determine a course of action consistent with established functional and organization's policies and goals.
- Performs difficult technical support assignments, requiring the application of advanced techniques, and engineering and mathematical principles, in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Works under direct supervision of the client.
- Receives assignments in terms of specific objectives and priorities.
- Work is reviewed for accuracy, completeness and accomplishment of objectives.
- May receive supervised / self-training in more advanced discipline work practices / applications.
- Technical school graduate with 5+ years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong ability to inform and persuade on complex matters through preparation and delivery of proposals, presentations and reports, as well as collaboration with stakeholders and management.
- Advanced understanding of systems, processes and tools related to field.
- Able to assist others and troubleshoot issues.
- May be involved in the development of new systems, processes and tools.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Will be expected to learn client systems and possibly assist others.
- Oil & gas experience is a plus.