Job post no longer accepts applications
- Ensure that all aspects of well design, well placement and formation evaluation, from early planning, execution, acquisition, receipt and interpretation of the data, for all operated wells (Fields and Exploration), are coherent with the well objectives and that achievements yield value-for-money.
- Ensure that all aspects of Formation Evaluation (FE), from early planning, execution, acquisition, receipt and interpretation of the data, for the wells the job holder is assigned to, yields value for money, under the supervision of the Head of Subsurface Operations Geology.
- Acting as main operational point of contact internally and for all geological service companies involved in the drilling of wells and ensuring that contracted services are delivered as requested.
- Maintain vigilance and guarantee safety in all operated activities related to geological services.
- Ensure the consolidation in patrimonial database and archives of the well related geological and petrophysical interpretations and ensure their fast performance to facilitate decisions (drilling, coring, logging, testing, production, well abandonment...)
- Frequently important operational decisions may be taken without consulting management if situation is considered to be within the area of expertise
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards.
- Actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
- Ensure BOSIET and all required certifications are valid.
Well Planning Activities
- Participate in well planning activities for designated areas in conjunction with the drilling team and R&G people in accordance with Company Rules, Guidelines and Procedures;
- Prepare and ensure timely production of the Well Statement of Requirements (WSOR) and the detailed data acquisition programs to ensure optimized well planning.
- Prepare operational procedures, and guarantee their application at the rig site to ensure offshore geological operations best practice;
Activity performance, reporting and supervision
- Ensure geological operations are conducted in conformity with HSE rules, procedures and best practices.
- Coordinate geological operations activities ensuring their pertinence, efficient implementation and quality, whilst optimizing costs to provide a timely completion of work to an acceptable technical standard.
- Ensure contract release orders for relevant services are issued, monitor service quality, conduct technical approval of invoices and compile data acquisition costs.
- Interpret or validate geological data while drilling to optimize ongoing operations and limit financial exposure.
- Steer and optimize well placement to access greater well productivity.
- Report and communicate interpreted data to RGS and Drilling groups.
Quality Control, petrophysical & geological Interpretation, final reporting
- Ensure quality controlled data are acquired, analyzed and synthesized as a Log Composite Digital (LCD) in a timely manner, before transfer to patrimonial database.
- Perform basic petrophysical interpretations (quick look) in conjunction with the Petro physicist.
- Prepare Final Geological Reports in accordance with defined timelines.
- Update geological operations lessons learnt databases and provide Return on Experience (REX).
- Transmit information related to the wells to archives and patrimonial databases.
- Initiate or conduct studies that can bring added value to well interpretation or enhance operational efficiency and monitor and report on progress.
State of The Art implementation of operations
- Justifies technical analysis and recommendations regarding formation evaluation data acquisition, integrates/challenges/synthesizes multidisciplinary requirements into COMPANY documents (WSOR, Geological Programs, Final Geological Report, LCD Report);
- Train/coaches/mentors junior Operations Geologists, and wellsite geologists;
- Perform technical audits at the wellsite, attend key HSE and pre-job briefings. Assist with critical operations
- Positively represent COMPANY with external agencies at senior levels
- Bachelor of Earth Sciences minimum (or equivalent).
- Good written and spoken English.
- Independent stand-alone professional with subsurface degree with a typically 8 years (but preferably 15 years) relevant experience including wellsite and office based operational skill base, and a good geological and petrophysical background;
- An in-depth knowledge of all aspects of formation evaluation services and their risks, well placement and steering techniques
- Ability to understand all the elements of a multi-disciplinary team.
- A confirmed specialist in operations geology with potential to evolve to another professional discipline, such as geology/petrophysics/reservoir.
- Previous Al Shaheen experience is considered and critical component of the position to minimize risk during the operations.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-Dec-2025 with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.